Brick-Tie Limited “The best company I’ve ever worked for”
Our cup is running over this week, after receiving the news that our application for renewal of our Investors In People accreditation was successful.
Independent auditors on behalf of Investors In People were busy checking our business out last week. They looked into every aspect of our people management. This ranges from personal development, training, reward and recognition, as well as leadership and communication.
The Investors In People standard
The Investors In People standard is the benchmark organisations aspire to, if they want to make the most of their people; attracting and retaining the best employees. IIP holders are re-assessed every three years. Since 2007, when we first met the IIP standard, we’ve been successfully audited a further three times. Why do we ask for these audits? Well, constant improvement is our goal, so we value these visits as a way to refine our management and strive for even better standards.
Here are a few highlights from the independent assessor’s report:
- “Brick-Tie Limited is an organisation built on customer focused and people-centric principles that have been defined and widely communicated by the management team to all involved in delivering its services”
- “Through highly effective approaches to staff engagement and communication, there is strong ownership of quality assurance and continuous improvement”.
- “Coaching and mentoring form a key part of the learning that takes place for staff within the company…. people cited many and various examples of how they had shared knowledge and information with colleagues, almost on a daily basis”.
- “There’s a high level of trust in the senior management and leadership team”.
- “The open and positive approach to leadership and management has also had a good effect on the sense of value and worth people feel around the company”.
- All round, people commented that they find Brick-Tie to be “The best company I’ve ever worked for”.
There’s much more for Brick-Tie Limited to do…
Our Investors In people journey has taken ten years and we are not finished improving. The assessors were able to provide us with lots of ideas for refining our employee management and communication skills still further. Over the coming year we’ll be consulting with all of our staff, key stakeholders and valued customers, in an endeavour to become the best we can be.
Here’s to another ten years Investors In people accreditation and, another 30 years in business
Brick-Tie managing Director Bryan Hindle and co-owner Julie Hindle have a great deal to be thankful for. Their gratitude goes to the people they know are worth investing in: Katrina Jackson, Sian Caley, Sarah Hilton, Mike Duckett, Paul Glover, Darren Roberts, Ryan Shann, Craig Tarbotton, Peter Linsel, Luke Demetriou, Richard Waite, Adam Orton and Garry Macintosh